Saturday 26 February 2011

Movies 2011 Reviews

I have joined forces with Rogue to give you lovely readers my reviews on the latest movies seen and due to come out.

So lets start with the film ' I Spit on Your Grave'. (18)
Ratings: 

Plot: Sarah Butler plays A young woman, and a writer goes out into the woods to a secluded cabin to, of course write. (real original I hear you say) Anyway along the way she stops off at a gas station where a group of young lads (Hilly billies) take notice and try to chat her up. She gives them a knock back and then things take off from there and her life is turned upside down.....

My Verdict: The acting is not the greatest but the gore and the revenge that takes place is really good.
I enjoyed it. Go watch. out on DVD.


I Spit on Your Grave Trailer:



































2. The Resident (15) - In cinema's 11th march 2011
Ratings: 

Plot: A doctor (Hillary Swank) is forced to move on with her life and relocate due to her boyfriend cheating on her with another woman. She finds herself an apartment to rent at a cheap price and a friendly landlord.Well, thats what she thinks. Turns out this landlord has an unhealthy obsession with her and will do anything to be with her.

My Verdict: I thought it was an ok film. Hillary Swank tries to play a sexy character in some parts and lets face it, she cant do sexy, she is NOT seen that way. ( the shower scene)
The best thing about the film is the trailer.
Its not a film I would rush out to see so maybe wait til it hits DVD. This is no million dollar baby.


The resident Trailer:








3. Faster  (15) - In cinema's 25th March 2011
Ratings: 

Plot: The rock or Dwayne Johnson seeks revenge on the murder of his brother after a bank robbery goes wrong and find themselves being robbed. After doing a spell in jail he comes out with unfinished business.

My verdict: This is what a revenge movie should be, barely any talking, pure action from start to finish, suspense and to the point.
The ending is left with an act of mercy. Can you smell what the Rock is cooking? (LOL)
A classic revenge flick with a twist. Go see this one if you love some action.


Faster Trailer:








AND LASTLY...

4. Unknown - In cinema's  March 4th 2011
Ratings:  (it would be a 2 and a half but my computer doesn't do halves)

Plot: The plot is like a mash up of long kiss goodnight mixed with the Bourne trilogy. Man loses his memory and what he does remember doesn't make any sense to him. Of course theres help from a stranger where he soon discovers everything he thought he knew was all just a lie.

My Verdict: Felt like I've seen this film before. Not as action packed as the Bourne movies or any humour from Long kiss. Again, not a film I would rush out to go see but if you so happen to be passing a cinema with nothing to do then it will fill your time.


Unknown 2011 Trailer:










Thats all for now on the movie reviews. Hope you enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment