Sunday 20 February 2011

Classic Movies (Part 1)

From Dusk till Dawn

This has been a long time favourite film of mine and is if you don't know has become a cult classic as well as a classic in my collection. Full of outlandish ideas and strong adult language I saw this film way before I was meant to in the comfort of one of my older cousins. Now being certificate 18, back when I saw the film when I was 14, it no wonder I now use the language I use as it was something I was accustomed to anyway.

From the same creators of Pulp fiction and Desperado, is this beautiful fucking masterpiece, that isn't exactly Oscar material but it's a good damn action, thriller, maybe horror to some. 
It starts of with two brothers, George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino, set out on some bust at a gas station. Now Tarantino's character is fucking deluded and deranged and I'm sure the film also was meant to imply he had some sort of mental personality disorder which you see straight of in the film. Clooney the level head one of the brothers, is a sexy as he wants to be (My first real crush on a white guy to be honest), he's a bad boy that every dudette or dude would happily let him into their panties. 
So the brothers are on a mission to get to mexico, but because they're wanted by the police and the death toll is rising because of unstable Tarantino, they have to find their way safely across the border. Entrance for Juliette Lewis (Natural Born Killers), her  ex-preacher Father and her half Chinese younger brother. The family are staying riding around in a motorhome and they have stopped at a motel, the same motel that the criminal brothers have checked into. Clooney engages with them whilst Tarantino murders yet another poor and innocent woman (I'm not really sure if she did ask for it but hey with out the death there'd be no story).  


So anyway Homosapiens, the brothers highjack the ex-preacher and his families motorhome (keeping them hostage as the father drives) and they all set out to cross the border to mexico. In their success they head to the TITTY TWISTER. A pub/bar for truckers and bikers all in leather and rugged, basically so full of testosterone i'm surprised the women didn't have muscles too.  This is where another story begins, one I wasn't expecting in the least on my first watch. Sex jilted with blood and gore is to come and the death of a Queen too (No not a fag but a real Queen) once the they settle into their surroundings they soon discover that the club they are in is far from a safe haven for criminals. It's bloodthirsty clientele and residents forces the brother to team up and almost befriending their hostages to get the fuck out alive of the TITTY TWISTER. 


No comments:

Post a Comment